Plantain chipsis a crispy tasty snack made with ripe or unripe plantains or a combination of both. It is also known as sweet banana chips and great for everyone.
If you want to end up with sweet plantain chips, get a yellow plantain that is hard, so that it is easier to slice and also crunchier when fried.
Here’s how to make plaintain chips at home.
Ingredients For Plantain Chips
• Ripe or and unripe plantain
• vegetable oil for frying
• Salt to taste
What You’ll Need
• Knife/ Vegetable slicer
• Paper towel
Directions For Frying Plantain Chips
• Peel and slice the plantains, then put some water in the bowl and add salt to it. Rinse the plantains in it and spread out on a sieve or cheese cloth to dry out.
• Heat up the vegetable oil until very hot and add the sliced plantains, bit by bit and fry until they are hard.
• Transfer onto a sieve and spread out on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Leave to cool completely and then store in air-tight containers.
• Plantain chips are great snacks for all ages.. it’s so yummy, crunchy and delicious.